We Share the Same Gene Pool But Nothing Else

I've been told twice now, that because I believe I am entitled to my perspective on things, just as anyone is entitled to his/her/their perspective, I must be a Democrat (I'm pretty sure this was meant to be an insult). I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this logic, if there is even a logic to it. I guess for the person who said this to me there must be a logic, but I'm failing to find it.

For the person who said this to me, it's called Theory of Mind. Look it up. Read about it. Learn about it. Everyone has a perspective that is unique to him/her/they. Even you. And I am more than happy to allow you your perspective on things though they are very different from my own.

And in the process, I won't stoop to calling you a BITCH (the all caps where how you sent it in the text). I won't sink so low as to say, "Fuck you" like you did in another text.

After you've finished learning about Theory of Mind, consider turning to Malcolm Gladwell's Talking to Strangers. We are, after all, strangers to one another though we are siblings. Rather than assume you know me, it might be way smarter to go on the idea you don't know me at all. Up until the last couple of days, our interactions over the last 35 years have been very few and very, very far between. We don't know each other at all. Yes, we share the same gene pool, we grew up in the same house, but we parted ways long, long ago.

That being said, my suggestion from yesterday still stands: if you don't like what I write, don't read the blog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why