The first project was to take one of the wheels and turn it into a picture holder. This meant I would have to use tools to loosen the bolts holding the wheels to the frame. I'd already told Hubby he couldn't help. He has a tendency to just take over and do what needs to be done. This is something I wanted to do, so I was going to have to figure out what tools to use. I got to work finding the right fitting wrench. Within just a matter of minutes I had the back wheel off. The front wheel came off even quicker. The only other piece of the bike I wanted for the time being was the chain. That Hubby didn't have a tool for, so after some thought, he grabbed the lopper and cut the chain.
For my first picture holder, I decided to remove the tire. I then drilled holes on the rim to attach the chain which will be used to hang the wheel on the wall. Add pictures and wa-la. Done. As usual, after finishing and stepping back to take a look, I was happy with what I had created but all kinds of "next time I can do this and this and this" started in. Now I'm thinking for the second wheel I can spray paint it white or any number of other colors. I can use one of the pedals as the way to hang it on the wall. I can use the brakes as part of the overall presentation. Several options exist that I just might give a go.
And the final product . . .
|a BTUSFMS key chain!|