Another Beautiful Day

This week has been just awesome! Though it's only mid March, the weather is making me feel like it's mid June. More sun than clouds. Upper 70's. All the ingredients needed to awaken all those things that sleep through the winter. Trees are leafing out. Daffodils are fully bloomed. And the bugs . . . I rode through a cloud of gnats, getting them in my mouth and ears. Ughh! I'm not complaining, though. I'll take the gnats any day I can get out and ride thirty or forty miles. Today, riding with a friend, we covered thirty miles. We took our time and simply enjoyed being out.



Even the wind couldn't get us down today. We faced the wind head on for half the ride then rode with it pushing us from behind on the way back home. I think I heard my friend saying, "Weeeeeee, weeeeeee, weeeeee!" as we rode down a hill on the way back, not having to pedal, only having to feel the delight of speed and the freedom that comes with riding a bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky