Lows and Highs

I'm always surprised about how a visit to a doc and having some kind of procedure done can make a person feel like sleeping for the rest of the day. I had to return to the doc today for a very, very, very minor procedure on my cheek, related to that super freckle that had decided to go ballistic on my ass, getting almost cancerous and all, and afterward, all I wanted to do, actually still do, is sleep. I've already napped once, missing part of the Tour de France, and another nap is beginning to shape up. I think it's the stress of the doc not being happy with the way I'm healing and lecturing me about my diet being the culprit, though I thought everything was looking super and I do get more than enough protein thank you very much--just look at my daily food journal which calculates how much protein I'm taking in--and the freezing spray he used to numb the area. It was kind of hard not to breathe some of it in as he was spraying it and saying at the same time that breathing it in would make me sleepy. I also think my sleepiness is caused by my own reaction to how my cheek looks now--not so super. In fact, it looks downright awful again. The doc did say the scab this time won't be as thick or last as long, only five days at most, so if there's an upside, I guess that's it.

Really, I know there's quite a bit more upside to the whole matter. No more brown spot. No cancer to have to deal with. What I'm feeling today is just me being a baby, which I'll get over. Well, all except the not getting enough protein part. While I don't eat a lot of meat, I do get protein in other ways, and according to my food journal, I'm getting 75 grams or more every day. The doc said I need at least 64 grams daily, so I don't think my diet is all that bad.

I'm just going to chalk today up as one of those that slaps you as soon as you wake up, and doesn't get much better as it goes on. Thankfully these days are few and far between for me. To make myself feel better, I keep opening an email I received Saturday, telling me another one of my short stories has been accepted for publication. This is a story from the collection I'm putting together, so I'm stoked that the stories are finding homes before the collection is complete. Hopefully this will sway a publisher into taking on the collection as the stories have already received positive attention by those who are in the know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light