A New Adventure

One way I cope with having to read a lot of student papers on a weekly basis is taking breaks to capture things on video. For some time now, though, I've let the camera sit idle in its case. I saved for two years to buy my camera, which is a wonderful piece of technology, and the other day I made a pledge to actually put it to good use. So I started on a project today.

For a couple of years, my husband and I have been helping out with the school track team. The kids range from fourth grade to eighth grade, with both boys and girls participating. I started videoing them the several years ago, when my daughter was running and jumping with the team, but I never put the clips together to make a complete story. Each year since, I've mulled over the idea to pick up where I left off, so I decided to do just that this year. I talked to the principal, put together a release form, and I'm on my way. A handful of parents already signed the form. I can now start to film.

I do think I need a lav mic, though, before I begin to do any interviews. My camera has a nice external mic, but I want to capture audio that is crisp and clear, without a lot of interference. As such, I'm scouring the internet for a good deal. I'm finding there is quite a range of prices. I'm going to get one on the cheaper side to see how it goes. If all goes well for this project, I might invest in a more expensive one for future projects.

I'll try to post short clips every now and then to let everyone see how things are going, and if anyone has ideas for me to consider, send them on. I'm definitely a newbie, so any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky