And The 90 Days Are Over

Ninety days ago, my husband and I started our own Biggest Loser competition. He elected to walk on a treadmill while I went with the P90X home workout. At first, I was losing more weight than he was even though he easily had more to lose than I do. Being a man, I thought he was going to beat me without even trying, but initially I was the one racking up the lost pounds each week. For the last two weeks, though, I've hit a wall and not lost anything. He's losing two plus pounds to my nothing, so he's now in the lead. I'm not terribly uphappy about this, though, as I have lost about ten pounds and all of my clothes fit so much better now.

Even though we are finished with our ninety days, I'm going to continue working out. I do like the results I'm seeing, especially with my abs. I've never really had abs to speak of, but after doing the Ab Ripper X workout for three months, I'm beginning to see some definition. My husband even noticed the other day how defined my obliques are becoming. Now all I want to do is see how far I can take the whole workout thing, so I'm going to start all over, doing the P90X Doubles workout for the next three months. My hope is that by the end of May I can actually put on a two-piece bathing suit and feel good in it.

I do think one change I have made with eating has helped tremendously: juicing. I'm still juicing just about everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I've come to absolutely love the taste of celery, cucumber and tomato with an apple thrown in. I also started adding green foods powder to my juices, giving my body healthy enzymes and nutrients. I don't know if my juicing and green foods have anything to do with it, but I have not been sick this winter season. Everyone around me has been, including my kids, but I have escaped even the common cold. I like to think it's all because of the juicing. Maybe it's just the effect of positive thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light