JK, Remember This

Yesterday, I had an incredible day. At one point, while I was on my way home from town after going to get a few houseplants to add to the small assembly I already have, I wondered if . . . in a month, a year, five years, ten years . . . I would remember what an incredible day I had. There are moments, and it seems like these moments are happening far more often these days, that I wish I could remember far more from my childhood, my teens, my 20's, 30's, 40's. 

I want to remember.

Yesterday: Saturday, October 8, 2022

  • early morning walk with Murphy, frost on the grass
  • a neighbor asking where my German shepherd is and having to tell him I had to say goodbye to my beautiful boy
  • the sadness finding me again as I thought about Ado
  • a roaring fire in the new fireplace
  • feet toasty warm in front of the fireplace as I graded papers
  • sitting in the Adirondack chair and drinking a steaming cup of coffee, looking out over the back field
  • the drive to town, the tree leaves changing colors, yellow, orange, red
  • evening walk with Murphy, the full moon just up and a pale, pale blue in a darker blue sky, such a gorgeous moonrise
  • watching Abbott Elementary and laughing, causing Murphy to look at me like I'm crazy
Today: Sunday, October 9, 2022
  • grading and wondering why students don't follow directions
  • a long afternoon walk with Murphy, traipsing across a harvested cornfield, the smell of corn dust filling the air
  • the drive to Casey's with Murphy because my brain told me I needed a donut, so we went and got donuts
  • the gray dog in the car next to us at Casey's and Murphy barking at it
  • the early evening walk across the back field with Murphy, him zipping one way then another with complete abandon
  • the tears coming as I thought about Ado and all the walks we took across that field, missing him so much
I want to remember it all.

I'm terrified I will forget some, maybe more, of these moments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why