Waiting

So, I had (still have) a post about the furnace having a gas leak and the gas company coming out, shutting it off, and my little house getting a bit cold for a day. That same post then goes into my fridge gasping its last breath and me venturing out to find a new one to replace it. There was also the fiasco with a large box store that kept pushing back the delivery of my fencing supplies.

Yeah, I have that post ready to publish.

But then Funny Delightful Son messaged all of us (we have family channel in Discord) that he tested positive for COVID.

Of my three kids, I've been most worried about Funny Delightful Son getting the virus. He's the one who spent four days in the hospital when he was just nine months old. Pneumonia. He's also the one who had mono when he was 14. Then again when he was 17. We hear all the time that a person can't get mono twice. Not true. And each time, Funny Delightful Son was really down and out. 

When we went on lockdown back in March, Funny Delightful Son took it very seriously. He started buying all his groceries online and does curbside pickup only. He wears a mask everywhere he goes. He limits his interactions with friends. He's been vigilant.

Yet he now is dealing with testing positive. My heart ached for him yesterday during our chat when he said he was trying not to stress out. And my heart ached at the swift and supportive responses he received from his brother and sister. The bond they have between the three of them . . . it's truly beautiful.

I'm waiting to hear from him today. It's so hard . . . waiting. I messaged him a half hour ago, but he hasn't responded. I don't want to be that annoying mom constantly texting or calling, but it's taking every ounce of willpower I have not to do both. 

The furnace? It's running right now. An HVAC tech came out the day after it was shut off and replaced the on/off valve, which is where the leak was. Apparently the old on/off valve was circa 1977. 

The fridge? The old one went away and the new one is now in its place. After six months of opening the fridge to find all my produce frozen, it's really nice to open the fridge and see the produce fresh and ready to eat.

The fencing supplies? Delivered the day after I called the big box store and said enough. My wonderful handyman came out last week to put the fence up, and Ado can go out to enjoy being outside each day.

Now I just need my Funny Delightful Son to message me that he is feeling okay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why