The Beauty in Nature

The weather has been quite beautiful the last couple of days. Today especially. I got up early and set out on a long walk. I wandered down to a creek not far past the village limits. When I looked to the left, I saw this: 


I've seen several eagles over the past few months, and I never tire of getting a glimpse of one. I took a path into the field, with the intention of getting closer for another shot. I tried hiding behind the big oak trees and took my time going from one tree to the next, but this beauty took flight before I could get the camera up and ready. 

Because it was early and the stars had shed their little glitters all over us during the night, the grass was sparkling like gems had been scattered. I wasn't sure my camera would be able to pick up the colors, but I had to try. This is what I got for my effort:


Hopefully you can see all the different colored dots in the grass. The one thing about photography is sometimes what I see isn't what the camera sees. It's an interesting phenomenon. Frost, like seeing an eagle, is something I never tire of. I geek out the mornings when I look out and see a heavy frost. Hoar frost? That sends me over the edge. 

In other news, Funny Delightful Son is finished with his isolation and didn't have any symptoms other than a sore throat that lasted a couple of days. We video chatted on Thanksgiving, and if the virus test turns out negative when he goes in this Tuesday, he'll come for a visit next weekend, along with Lovely Beautiful Daughter and Angel Baby. We'll celebrate Thanksgiving as a family then.

Tonight it's supposed to be cold again. And clear. Maybe tomorrow morning will bring more glittering frost. It's the small things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why