In The Eye of a Perfect Moment

After reaching the transit station today on my way home, I looked at the app that tells me where my connection is and how long I'll have to wait. I had a good 45 minute wait, so I decided to walk home since I'd be home long before the bus arrived.

The weather had cleared, and a nice, cool breeze was blowing out of the northwest. My only worry was getting blisters from my sandals, but I figured a small blister on my pinky toe was worth enjoying the lovely late afternoon.

I'd only been walking about five minutes when I felt a presence come up behind. A flash of color came into view on my left, and a cheery voice said, "I thought that was you. The bag looked like your bag, and the walk looked like your walk."

Lovely Beautiful Daughter smiled at me as we waited to cross the street. She is now taking the bus to get to campus, and like me, she didn't want to wait for the bus home, so we walked together back to my place where she'd left her car this morning.

At one point during our walk, as I listened to her tell me about her art for elementary school teachers class, I felt time kind of stand still. It was just Lovely Beautiful Daughter, the sunlight dappling the path, the cool breeze, and the sound of our feet on the leaves beginning to fall from the trees. It was truly a perfect moment.

I wanted to stop and just be, not let that moment slip away.

At least I have the memory. For that I am thankful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why