Reawakening

Seven months have passed since I last posted. I've been vacillating about continuing the blog, mostly leaning the direction of no. But the last few weeks . . . something has been stirring, reawakening. It's still a bit groggy and might take some time to come fully awake. That's okay. Like with many areas of my life these days, I'm going to let it take all the time it needs.

Some changes will be made, starting with the title. I started this blog when I was 45 years old. I'm now 59. My children are young adults and doing well. I live in a little green with yellow accents Craftsman style house in a village in the middle of corn and soybean fields. Two Australian shepherds keep me company. I spend my days thinking about the end of my teaching career and the beginning of my retirement. 

Which is why the title Standing at the Trailhead of Winter seems fitting for the blog.

Comments

J said…
Wow, so much has changed!

I like the name of your blog.

From Jen George
JK said…
I was thinking about you the other day! I tried finding you online, but I couldn't find any contact info. I've missed you! Email me.

p.s. I read your essay about eating Lucky Charms. Loved it!

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why