On Order

The new rear rack and basket should be at my door sometime this week. I'm hoping I ordered the correct rack, that it will fit my bike. I checked all the details and everything seems to align. Maybe as of Wednesday or Thursday I'll be able to carry groceries and other stuff more easily. With the bike equipped, the last step is figuring out how to ride in any kind of weather.

Living in a state where the weather can vary drastically from one day to the next, I haven't learned the best way to deal with rain and snow. I don't mind the wind. I don't mind the cold. I don't mind the heat. Rain and snow, though, make me want to just curl up on the couch with a good book when I should be riding. They also make me grab the car keys if I want to go somewhere. I really want to get past the ease of driving in less than ideal conditions. There's nothing better than figuring out each day how much gas I didn't use, how much money I saved not driving, how many calories I burned cycling, and how far I went for the day.

Now I'm reading as much as I can about how to best deal with bad weather, and thankfully lots of good blogs and other websites dealing with cycling are right here at my fingertips.

Comments

Natalia said…
Lovely basket! I have thought about cycling to work, but the mad Cambridge traffic (not to mention Boston), leaves much to be desired, and I don't quite have the bottle for it! Good on you!
JK said…
I can't imagine what it must be like cycling in a large city. Though where I live it's not the friendliest cycling city, we do have some trails and share the road streets.

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky