Forging Ahead

Made some progress today with getting out of my slump. Initially I had planned a long ride, but the clouds didn't part the way the weather forecast said they would. The sun hid all day long yet again, keeping the temps cool yet again, and the wind came up yet again. I settled for a five mile barefoot run on the treadmill, which I'm very happy with as I can tell my feet are getting stronger and I just feel so happy while running barefoot. My mind wanders to all kinds of things rather than watching the seconds tick by, making the hour seem to slip by quickly. The legs don't feel like lead when I run without shoes. Instead, they feel light. This has done wonders for my mindset. I've never been so happy with running like I am now.

One of the to-do's on my list for this in-between time of late spring not quite summer was to paint the boys' room. Hubby and I purchased the paint today. When the boys returned home from school, we cleaned out from under the beds, moved the beds, desks, and everything else into the middle of the room, then spackled holes and prepped to begin painting tomorrow. We decided on dark gray for the lower half of the room, with a lighter gray for the upper. A chair rail will then be put into place. Of course this will mean new comforters will be necessary, but those can wait a few weeks. I am so looking forward to a fresh, clean room for the boys.

In between the painting tomorrow, I hope to get a ride in. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to slip away for a couple of hours and return home to find the room completely finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky