The New Bike Rocks

The bike flies, and I don't have to put tons of effort into making it fly. For two months I've been riding my hubby's bike we have set up in the garage, and everytime I workout, my thighs burn with the effort it takes to keep the speed up around 14 mph. I figured this was just the way it was. Now, though, after being out twice on the new bike, I have found out otherwise. With much less effort, I'm able to maintain a speed of 15 mph or more. Pure bliss.

Today we went out and finished 7 miles in about a half hour. That's not too bad. Since it was only the second time I've been out of the garage, I'm happy with the distance/time. When the race actually comes around, I know I'll be putting in a lot more effort to go faster, so I'm hoping to finish up the 13.6 miles in less than 40 minutes. Realistic? Right now, I don't know, but I'm feeling stronger and more fit with each day I train.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky