Walks With Murphy and So Many Memories of Ado

Murphy and I have been keeping busy, trying to keep the sadness somewhat at bay. It's been tough. I find myself constantly thinking about Ado. And Murphy basically told me no when I put his dinner in Ado's bowl instead of the little one he'd been eating out of for the last nearly two years. When I put the food in the bowl, then put the bowl in it's wooden holder, Murphy looked at me like, "What in the world, hoomin. That is not where my food goes." He then barked his resistance. It took a bit of cajoling to get him to be okay with eating out of Ado's bowl.

Last week we went to the lake I took Ado to for his first longer hike. Murphy and I walked the path, and I remembered so much of being there with Ado. Murphy enjoyed the hike and was one tuckered out pup when we got home. Yesterday, we went to another park I've never been to before. Before we set off on our walk, I pulled out the bag with two donuts and shared them with Murphy. I think he preferred the apple fritter over the strawberry donut, but it was hard to tell. He didn't refuse any of the bites I offered him. We ended up walking over an hour, and it was a pretty hot, so we both were tuckered out when we returned home. I stretched out on my bed, and Murphy didn't wait for an invite before jumping up and laying against my legs. We both got in a nice nap.













The walks have definitely helped me be able to think about Ado and smile. He and I had so many wonderful walks and hikes. Now I hope to do the same with Murphy.  



This is the same spot I took Murphy's pic above.
Ado was just over a year old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why