Christmas 2021

I finally did it. I managed to get all the gifts but one bought and wrapped before Christmas eve. The last gift will arrive today as it was a very last minute decision. For years I've vowed to do the shopping in early December then have all the gifts wrapped and under the tree at least three or four days before Christmas. I've never followed through. I end up dragging my feet shopping for gifts, and when it comes to wrapping I am the last person anyone should ask to do this. I'm just horrible at it, mostly because I think the whole idea of buying wrapping paper, ribbon, bows, and little To: From: cards is absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, does anyone really cares about the presentation of the gift? 

Brown paper bag wrapping. 
Easy peazy.
This year, I decided to not buy all the gift wrapping trappings. Instead, I saved all the brown paper bags I brought groceries home in and used them to as wrapping paper. I did buy a dollar bag of bows and a dollar package of To: From: stickers at the dollar store, but other than that, my gift wrapping was on the cheap this year. 

And I'll do this every year from now on. It felt so good knowing I was repurposing the brown paper bags and when all the "wrapping" is in a pile after Christmas, I can toss it into my compost box, let it do its work there to become dirt that I can put on my garden.

This past Sunday Angel Baby and I received our booster shots. I had waited until after the end of the semester just in case I came down with the funk I'd heard a lot of people complaining about. I'm so glad I waited. The first two shots I breezed through. No side effects whatsoever. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. This time? Good grief. Less than thirty seconds after getting the booster, I felt a rush of adrenaline course through me. My heart started pounding. My limbs tingled. It kinda scared me. The pharmacist assured me it was a normal reaction. He was really kind and talked me through a few minutes of feeling very off.

Murphy enjoying the frosty morning.
Through the afternoon and evening, I felt okay other than my arm hurting as if a sledge hammer had whacked it hard. During the night, though, I woke up feeling awful. Angel Baby, too. I spent Monday on the couch, in and out of sleep all day. Thankfully, the boys were awesome. It was like they knew I was down and out. They slept with me. In between we went for short around-the-block walks, enough for them to do what they needed to do. 

Tuesday I felt a lot better but still off just a bit. A little headachy, which has been the case each day since getting the booster. Easily fatigued, like I'd had the flu.

Today I'm nearly back to 100%. Just a slight headache. Nothing that is really bothersome. The fatigue is gone, and the boys and I are back to our long morning walk followed by a jaunt through the back field along with some time playing fetch. 

Angel Baby missed two days of work. He was much worse than I was, but when he bounced back he bounced back quickly. I'm just happy we both got through the storm before Christmas. It did make me pause and reflect on those who are chronically and/or critically ill. My heart goes out to them.

And I am incredibly thankful for my health.

Funny Delightful Son and his lady friend arrived last evening. Tomorrow, Lovely Beautiful Daughter and her love will join us. We will feast, open presents, and most likely play a board game or two. I am truly blessed having my children here for the holiday.

I wish many blessings for all of you, as well as a very Merry Christmas. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky