The Universe Made Me Do It

Funny story . . . 

A couple of weeks ago I was fixing myself breakfast. I had some lovely potatoes I'd cooked in the Instant Pot, so I was all set to cut them up and air fry them to have along with some steamed veggies. While the air fryer heated. I sectioned the potatoes. Then, when the air fryer was to temperature, I pulled the drawer out and dumped the taters in. I pushed the drawer back in and . . . nothing. The timer kept working, but the fryer itself seemed to have blown up. I checked the power cord. Plugged in. I unplugged it, plugged it back in. Nothing. I pulled the drawer out and slid it back in. Nothing.

Lovely Beautiful Daughter was staying with me and had just fixed her coffee. It appeared the outlets were working.

I was stumped. And disappointed. I bought the air fryer maybe six months ago and I used it nearly every single day. I loved my air fryer.

So I went online and looked at air fryers. I already knew which one I wanted after having read about them months ago. I found it on sale at a store in town, which told me the Universe had planned this all along. My air fryer was supposed to crap out on me. I was supposed to buy the one I really wanted.

I bought it. I brought it home. I unpackaged it. I plugged it in.

And . . . nothing. 

Then the light bulb went on. 

I pushed the button on the Instant Pot to see what time it was. Nothing. I clicked on Lovely Beautiful Daughter's coffeepot. Nothing. 

I looked over at the gfci outlet and noticed the green light was off. My air fryer had to have tripped it earlier that morning. After pushing in the button, the Instant Pot beeped to life. The coffeemaker on light blinked red. 

My old air fryer hummed when I turned the dial to heat it up. It worked perfectly fine.

I thought about boxing up the new air fryer and returning it . . . for about 2 seconds. I really wanted that air fryer because it can also bake, toast, and roast. Another cool feature is it flips up to free space on the counter. Plus, it's really good looking. 

So I kept it, and I've used it every single day.  

And the outlet hasn't tripped again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky