My Kiddoes, My Everything

Friday I learned two things:

1. After not wearing make-up for over a year, the make-up I had was dried up and mostly unusable.

2. After not wearing earrings for over a year, the piercings in my earlobes were very reluctant in allowing anything to pass through them. 

I'm inclined to continue not wearing make-up and earrings. I went for over a year just fine with neither, and really, at this point I simply can't be bothered. 

But for Friday, I eked out as much mascara as I could and I wore a pair of very light, silver earrings for Funny Delightful Son's graduation. It was kind of nice, too, to dress up a little after wearing jeans, flannel shirts, and sweats for the last eight months. Even through the last month it's been quite chilly, so I've not packed away the flannel just yet. Friday, though, with the chill somewhat offset by the sun when it peeked out from behind the clouds, I wore a sleeveless, polka dot dress I found at Goodwill. It has buttons up the left side and is just really cute. It fits like it was made just for me, which is great given that it cost a mere $5.

And Friday was so much fun. Lovely Beautiful Daughter and Angel Baby drove out, picked me up, and we headed over. We spent a couple of hours talking then set off for the football field where the graduation ceremony was to take place. Before Funny Delightful Son went in to find his seat, we did some picture taking. 

Funny Delightful Son and the building where
he had every single class while at Western.

I was so excited when I saw his graduation colors.
They are the same as my colors when I graduated 
with my Master's. How cool is that?

Brother and sister graduating this year!

My kiddoes. They have made my life so incredibly rich.

I used to be taller. I'm sure of it.

My beautiful boy is now all grown up. I'm 
happy and sad all at the same time.

Friday, I may not have had much make-up on and my earlobes were sore after being jabbed repeatedly with me trying to force the earrings through, but no matter. Being with my three wonderful grown children was everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky