The Wait is Over

So the bead project didn't work out so great, mostly because I just pushed the beads to the side to concentrate on something else. That something else was this, my new home.


My closing was yesterday, and for the last ten days, I was really worried it wasn't going to happen. The last three days, especially, I was nervous to the point of trying to find anything and everything to do to keep me busy. Yesterday, I didn't eat all day. When I was in my car heading back home after the closing, I realized just how hungry I was. I fixed myself a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich (yeah, eating two things I rarely eat -- bread and bacon), and I settled into my chair in front of the fireplace. That grilled cheese and bacon tasted wonderful. And it began to sink in that this is MY house.

With the upheaval happening, I feel extremely blessed that everything stayed on course. While I was sitting in the conference room with my lender, I learned others who are in the process of getting a mortgage are now backing out for fear of what the future holds. Who can blame them? So much uncertainty about having a job, being able to make ends meet. I'm scared, too. I, though, still have a job and hope to continue having this job for many years. I also have money tucked away. If my dad taught me one thing, it was always have an emergency fund in place.

This morning I made two trips out to my new home, taking the boxed up stuff that's been sitting in my living room for the past month. Remember me trying to find my exacto knife kit the other day? The reason I couldn't find it was I had packed it. The box I found it in was the box I knew it was in, but each time I looked I didn't go all the way to the bottom of the box, which is exactly where the exacto knife kit was.

My new home is in a very small town. Actually, it's considered a village. It's quiet. Peaceful. While I was there this morning, I met a neighbor and his dog, Milo. I was told Milo thinks he's the village mascot. We'll see what Ado has to say about that!

Now I have a month to be completely out of where I'm currently living. My landlord is one of the kindest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and he let me out of my lease early. He has been nothing but incredibly good to me. Angel Baby has decided to find an apartment of his own, not wanting to be so far out of town. This means I have reached the point of it being just me and Ado. I made sure, though, to find a place with three bedrooms just in case one or all three of the kids want to come stay with me.

A few more pictures:


This is the dining area leading into the living area. Behind me is a small kitchen.


This is the living area, looking back towards the dining area. There are two large windows on the right, and a screened-in front porch. I'm already dreaming of summer evenings spent on that front porch.

Comments

Thryn said…
Congratulations, J!Such exciting news! I hope you have many happy and peaceful years in your new home -- and I hope I get to come to visit some day! K
JK said…
Thank you! I am expecting you to come visit! Soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why