Feeling Optimistic

Happy birthday to me! It's official -- I can order off the senior menu at Denny's. That makes me completely happy. And I must be looking older these days. The checkout clerk at Jewel asks me every time I go in if I'm a senior, wanting to give me the 10% off the entire basket. Only their senior is 62. So far, I've said no, but the next time she asks me, I'm going to say yes. If she insists on asking and thinks I actually look 62, then I'm going to just go with it. I'd love to get 10% off my grocery bill.

I thought about riding my bike to work, but the wind chill talked me out of it. I don't mind 11 degrees, but a -5 windchill just doesn't feel all that great when riding the bike. So instead, I walked to Uptown. I started out, got about a block and a half away then remembered I 'd not saved the PPT I'd made for the Honors class today. I turned around, trudged back to the apartment and saved it. Which then reminded me I'd forgotten my handy-dandy slide changer with laser light. I grabbed that then set off again.

To help me get ready for the Iceland trip, I bought a small backpack with the goal of walking to work once the weather gets a bit warmer. I was feeling very optimistic about walking the whole way today, but by the time I reached Uptown, my legs were asking for some warmth. Most of me was fine, but the jeans just weren't doing the job of keeping the cold from turning my legs to ice. I went to the convenience store, bought a thank you card, then headed to the transit station. When I got there, the bus to work was just about to leave. Perfect timing! I'm considering walking home, since the wind will be at my back, and hopefully the temp will have gotten to where the weather report says it will be today: 22 degrees. If nothing else, I can at least walk home from Uptown.

Tomorrow, the temps are supposed to be better. Who knows, though. Illinois does like to mess with us, especially this time of year, when everyone is ready for some warmer days. That said, I'm still feeling very optimistic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky