Hello, June, Nice to See You

Five months into 2018. Please, Time, slow down!

During this coming week, the move will happen. My landlord built a fence around the deck of the front unit, the unit Angel Baby and I will be moving into. It's a much smaller deck than the one we currently have, but the fence he put up will allow Ado to be out in that little area, which also offers some grassy space, without me worrying he'll get out. It's right off the kitchen, too, mostly private since the next-door neighbors never seem to venture outside. This past year, I think I've seen the neighbors five or six times. I don't know how people can stay inside all the time. I begin to get stir crazy, especially when it's warm and sunny, if I can't get out for several hours at a time.

I found myself wandering around today, wanting to get started with the move but not quite knowing where to start. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern, waiting on others to do things before I can do what I need to. The landlord is determined to paint the front unit before we move in, so I have to be patient until that's done. Hopefully, the painter will be in and out tomorrow. Truly, my landlord has been absolutely wonderful to me and the kids. Not only did he build the fence for Ado, but he also gave me the paint samples and had me choose what color I wanted the living and kitchen spaces to be. He then offered to haul off any pieces of furniture I decide I don't want any longer/can't fit into the smaller unit instead of me having to rent a truck to haul the pieces to Habitat for Humanity. I know I'm lucky to have a landlord who is so kind and keeps his units in excellent shape.

To keep myself busy, I moved some of the deck items to the new unit. I have a couple of old chairs I painted pretty colors -- one a pale blue, the other a bright yellow with accent colors -- so I moved those and some plants next to the front door. They bring some happiness to the entryway. I then took the bird feeders to the little front yard space. I'll be able to watch the birds from the living room.

The bigger issue is my desk. No way will it fit through the door to my bedroom. The unit is not even close to being ADA compliant. The doorways are quite narrow throughout, so if I take my desk, my lovely, huge, heavy-as-an-elephant desk, it'll have to go in the living room. I'm not sure I want my desk overwhelming the living area that much. Maybe it'll all work out just fine. Things have a funny way of turning out okay.

Since I won't get many more days of using the back deck, I sat out there long into the evening tonight. After my walk. Enjoying the breeze. I'm ready to move but not ready, if that makes sense. I just hope whoever moves in here enjoys this space as much as we have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky