Letting Loose the Nasty

There are moments when something will trigger my inner nasty. Today, that moment happened just after I finished eating my tuna salad sandwich and was thinking, "Hmmmmm, it's been awhile since I've had tuna. That was kind of tasty." I still had about 15 minutes before having to return to work, so I opened my laptop to see what was going on in FB world. I know, I know. Mistake number 1. I should have just enjoyed sitting with Ado, getting cream colored dog hair all over my black dress. But no. I went ahead.

I noticed I had a message waiting for me, so I clicked on the message icon. Just above the name of the person who'd sent me the message I noticed Other (2). While I check in to see what friends and family are up to, I don't normally pay much attention to the other aspects of FB, so out of curiosity, I clicked on Other (2) to see why two messages had not gone to my Inbox. Yes, you got it. Mistake number 2. I should have just let it be and ignored it like is the usual for me. But no. I went ahead.

The first message dated early February came from a person who is a friend of my parents. This person is just a hoot, but I'm not inclined to accept the friend request as I really don't want to be subjected to the, well, let's just say, questionable material that might show up. The second dated early January came from someone who over 25 years ago made my life miserable, so much so, that I quit my job (this person was a co-worker) to not have continue being miserable. Just seeing this person's name brought back all those memories and let loose my inner nasty, which was, "What the -f!? Why the -f do you think it's okay to message me after what you did, *&^%#$@!()#$?" After several more -f bombs exploding in my head, I finally read the message: "Looks like you are doing well. You have a beautiful family."

A few more minutes of nastiness swirled inside my head as I stared at the message. I just couldn't fathom why this person would message me. What exactly am I supposed to do with it? Am I supposed to respond, saying, "Gee, thanks!"? Am I supposed to take the message as an olive branch? After all, it has been 25+ years. I have done well since submitting my resignation letter and leaving my first job out of college behind. It's not like I let that *&^%#$@!()#$ follow me and determine the decisions I made from that point on. If anything, I guess it could be argued the whole situation sent me on the path I was really supposed to be on.

For now, I'm just going to delete the message and go forward with life. I see no point in responding, and hopefully my not responding will be all that's needed to get my message across.

Comments

J said…
It was a good idea to just move on and ignore the message. If you like you can even block that user from ever contacting you again.

I'm glad you got out of that bad situation. .

*hugs*
Miss you.
JK said…
I definitely need to adjust my FB settings. That is on the "to-do" list for this weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky