Strange City, New Run Route

This week I'm away from home again. I'm realizing I don't like being away from home anymore. I want to be where my family is, and that is definitely not where I am right now. Though there are times I really need a break from all the activities we're a part of, I've come to the conclusion that just closing the door to my bedroom for an hour or two is all the break I need.

But for the next five days, I'm in a strange city for a conference. The upside is the conference is all about sports literature, and if today is any indication about what's to come, it'll be good. Lots of fun people. One individual came from Paris and is quite interesting to talk with. Another came from Australia though he is originally from Scotland, and the Scottish brogue is delightful to listen to. He's one energetic guy, too.

Though I wasn't able to run today, I did learn of a route that should be good to take. It goes along the river and into the city proper, so the landscape should be scenic, enjoyable. Tomorrow morning, before breakfast, the plan is to get up and run. I do feel a bit intimidated, though, running in a new place, a city I don't know anything about. But that's the biggest reason I want to go out and run. I want to get over this fear I'm feeling.

I can't remember what I was reading the other day, but the last page said just one thing: "do something that scares you every day." Today it was flying; I'm not a huge fan of flying. Tomorrow, it will be running in a strange city.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky