Run PR But Not 30:00 Or Less

Why do I let the run get in my head like I do? I'm such a wuss it's not funny. I told myself over and over all week long I was going to do 30 or less. I finished in 31:00. While I'm disappointed in myself for allowing the little voice to do me in, I'm happy with taking 2:00 off my last run time. I went from a 33:00 to a 31:00. I know that's good.

The bike was slower than I'd hoped for, too. I thought I'd be closer to 40:00 for the route, but I finished in 45:00. I'm okay with that. What I'm really, really happy about with the bike is how I was one of the last one's on the course (because of my slow run time), but I was nowhere close to being one of the last one's to finish. I passed upwards of 12 or 13 people during the race. I ended up being the third woman in out of around 20 or so women. I'll take that.

Being on the bike is so different from running. Where my mind is constantly negative during the run, it's constantly positive during the bike. I set my sights on someone and gun for him/her. I don't let up until I pass the person and am a good distance ahead. I don't know why this is because my legs are burning during the ride, but I don't care. I enjoy it. Why don't I enjoy it during the run? What makes the difference?

I sure wish I knew the answer to getting past the running mind trap. I'm not going to give up, but I'm at a loss as to what to try. Maybe listening to music will help. Maybe ramping up the interval training will translate to better times. Maybe finding someone to train me is the answer. I'll keep at it and maybe the next race I'll post a sub-30 time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light