I Used to Hate Running

But now I don't. I started running in June to try and move some of these extra pounds that are refusing to budge. I'm up to two measly miles, but that's two more than I used to do, so I figure two's not so bad. I'm contemplating running a 5K which means I'll have to be able to run at least 3 miles nonstop. Thankfully, I found a great website called Couch to 5K that offers weekly workouts to help one get off the couch and into 5K shape. While I just found the site this week, thanks to the wonderful site called My Fitness Pal, I'm around Week 4 in training, so that's what I'll be working on this week.

Last night I walked/jogged a total of 6 miles, finishing all sweaty and tired. I love being sweaty and tired, though. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something. Six miles is the farthest I've ever gone in one workout. Now I'm thinking maybe a longer walk/jog on the weekend, maybe eight or nine miles. I can map out my route before I go, using another neat website, so I know exactly where I'm going the whole time. So many cool websites out there to help those of us trying to get in shape, make a lifestyle change, get away from the yummy but unhealthy foods surrounding us all the time. The internet truly is a wonder thing.

Now I'm considering getting a heart rate monitor. I'd like to know if I really am hitting my target heart rate and how many calories I'm burning each time I workout. When I put in my walk/jog times each evening and see how many extra calories I earned for the day, I feel motivated to keep it up, and I think a HRM would be a bit more accurate overall. My miles ticker is fun, too. It's cool to see the ladybug move further across the books after I input my miles for the day. Again, from another website that helps one get psyched for working out.




So, I'm off. Time to change and get my arse in gear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky