Finally

A week ago I stumbled upon a website called MyFitnessPal. I've been wanting to record everything I eat each day to see just how many calories I'm consuming, and I thought there should be something available online to help me out. Lo and behold, I found MFP. Love it. Absolutely love it. After the first week of keeping track of what I eat as well as the exercise I'm putting in each day, I lost 1.6 pounds. I'm now in week two, and my husband can tell I'm still losing even though I won't get on the scale until Friday. I can tell, too. My clothes fit better than ever, and I'm not afraid to look at myself in the mirror anymore. I had gotten to the point where I wouldn't look at myself naked in the mirror; I just hated how I looked. Now I stand there and examine myself from different angles, liking what I see.

I started this weight loss venture in December, right after Christmas, right after seeing a picture of me where it was sooooooo obvious that I'd gained quite a bit of weight over the last two years. I already knew it. I could see it in how my clothes didn't fit comfortably--I was in complete denial about this and continued to wear the clothes I had though I knew the seams were screaming for relief. Not wanting to see myself naked was a huge clue, too, which was about this same time. So I bought P90X and began the program. I stuck with it for the 90 days and lost 12 pounds. I did the before pics and after pics, the after pics showing some improvement from top to bottom. Upon finishing the 90 days, I switched over to walking. From April to the end of May, I walked everyday, but I wasn't really working out. I wasn't really watching what I was eating either. I was juicing, doing the veggies, the fruits, and yoyo-ing with the same four pounds, mosting staying at 151 and becoming very frustrated. That's when I decided to track everything I'm eating. That's when I found MFP.

At MFP I can record every little thing I eat, and I've been faithful about doing so. Knowing I can only have 1200 calories if I don't exercise helps me really think about what I'm putting into my body. The other day, I had a package of M & M's and found out there's 240 calories and 90 grams of fat. That put me over in calories and fat allotted for the day, so I had to adjust my exercise. I ended up walking/jogging for over an hour that day to compensate. I probably won't have M & M's for quite some time now since it's ingrained in me now how empty those calories were and how much fat one little package contains. It's not worth it.

And the exercising is going along swimmingly, as well. I'm now able to jog/run two miles without stopping. Yesterday, I walked/jogged over 5 miles. With MFP, I can track my exercise, getting a calories burned result that directly affects how many calories I'm allowed for the day. I start each day with 1200, but if I exercise like I did yesterday, I get an additional 400+ calories. I can either use them or not. Sometimes I use all of them, but like yesterday and a couple of days last week, I only use part of them. In general, I eat around 1400 calories a day. I'm not starving. I'm not feeling deprived. Rather, I'm feeling empowered because I know I'm in complete control of what I decide to eat, how long I decide to exercise.

I finally feel like I've found the key to getting these last 15 pounds off. Finally.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light