Heading in the Right Direction

It has been 17 weeks since the day I found myself experiencing pain like I've never felt before and hope to never have to feel again. Today, there is still minor pain in my thigh every now and then. It's not constant, and it's not debilitating like it was at the beginning of this journey. Today, I still have some minor tightness right below my knee, but like the thigh pain, it is not debilitating like it had been. I'm so completely thankful for the healing.

I've had several acupuncture treatments, which were relaxing. After one treatment I felt like I had the flu. My chiropractor said this might happen. I felt gross for two days. After another treatment I found myself in tears as I sat in my recliner. Just all the sudden crying for no reason whatsoever. My chiropractor said this might happen as well. I see both reactions as a cleansing. My body was in bad shape.

I've also had several adjustments to my spine. These, I truly believe, have helped the healing along. After the first adjustment, the range of motion in my right leg increased significantly. The pain in my hip diminished to nearly nothing. The stiffness in my hip and lower right back has disappeared. At my most recent appointment, the chiropractor mentioned most of the inflammation is gone.

In addition to my leg feeling so much better, I'm also sleeping like I was before this whole situation began. I go to sleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow, and I sleep through the night. Sleep, for me, makes all the difference in how my days go. I'm able to walk all the boys together again. I'm back to running trails with Sunny. I'm mowing the lawn and working in the garden. I'm working on a furniture refurbishing project. I try to not take any physical activity for granted as I found out just how quickly it can be taken away.

I'm also able to focus for an extended length of time again. I've read several books over the last few weeks, which has been such a pleasure. The old cliche of not realizing what you've got until it's gone definitely applies here. Not being able to maintain focus to read a good book just added more anxiety to each day. 

Hopefully the healing will continue. If I had to live with where things are right now, I certainly could. It's very manageable, for which I am extremely thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Calm Amidst the Pines

Taking My Health Into My Own Hands (Cuz My Doc Certainly Isn't All That Helpful)

Looking Forward to 2024