Summertime Happiness

My summer is well underway, and so far I'm enjoying each and every minute. I really am very fortunate. Not many can say they get their summers off to pursue all kinds of fun things, so I am very thankful I am one of the lucky few who can. 

Speaking of being thankful . . . I've fallen into the habit of saying thank you nearly every day to whatever it is that's out there watching over all of us. And I've noticed when I utter the words Thank you, a warm sense of wellbeing just washes through me. I was told recently that my living out here in this house has brought out the happy in me, that the happy is quite evident in the way I look, the way I talk, the way I am. 

Yes, I am very happy. Along with the happy is being content. I'm incredibly content. I don't think I've ever really known what this feels like, what this means, until being out here in this wonderful little house.

Speaking of wonderful little house . . . the painting is moving along. The base color is finished. The fascia boards are done. Some of the windows are completed. What's left are the corbels, which there are quite a few to do, so this will take a bit of time. Overall, the house is looking so beautiful. 

And the garage -- it's totally done except for the garage door. I want to change it out sooner or later, so for now it's still the orange door. The one part of the garage that I'm totally in love with is the window over the garage door. 

Window of garage door: Before


Window over garage door: After

Quite the difference, don't you think? I had some stained glass pieces left over from my days of playing with turning bicycle parts into works of art, so I thought why not use them in the window since some genius thought painting the panes of glass was a good idea. I just popped those pieces out, cut the stained glass to fit, then put in new glazing putty. Wha-la! A beautiful window. It just makes me smile every time I look at it.

Today I hope to finish up the back of the house. That will make two sides of the house done with two more to go. The front will take some time since it's the porch and I'll need to replace all the screening, but all in all, progress is being made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky