Getting Close to Spring Break

Less than two weeks to the beginning of spring break. Aye yi yi. Time just keeps on slipping by.

I'm okay with this, though, because for my spring break I'll be setting off for Nebraska! Yep, you read that right. Nebraska. Most people head south to warmer weather. Me? I head west, to a state that could experience a blizzard during the time I'll be there. But hey, that's what adventure is all about, right?

My spring break adventure is a short trip to experience the spectacle that is the Sandhill Crane migration. I've booked an overnight stay in a blind on the Platte River, so hopefully I'll witness some serious crane behavior that happens at dusk and then again at dawn. I'm so stoked for this.

The only thing I really need to get before my trip is some long johns. I have everything else thanks to the backpacking trip in Iceland. When I bought all the gear for Iceland, I worried over paying for things that might not be used all that often, so it's really nice to know all that gear will get some more use. And it has, really, ever since we returned from Iceland. I've been on a couple of shorter hikes, and I've worn the down coat and raincoat a lot over the last few months. I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of the gear I bought.

So now I'm counting down the days until I leave for Nebraska.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why