A Little Nervous, A Little Scared, A Whole Lot Excited

And the countdown has started! T minus 4 days until we leave for Iceland!

Angel Baby and I packed our gear this afternoon to see just how much weight each of us will be carrying. We divided the heavier items so neither one of us is stuck carrying all of those things. In the end, I was pleasantly surprised by how much room I still have in my pack and how light it is at this point. Granted, I still have to add the bladder full of water (which will likely be the heaviest item in my pack) and the food, but after walking the hill the last two weeks with odds and ends items inside my pack just to give me some weight, I know I'll be absolutely fine. I got this!

What makes me most happy right now is how excited Angel Baby is about this adventure. He has mentioned several times over the last two days how stoked he is. I suggested over dinner this evening that things might go badly, and his response was, "Yeah, but that's okay, too. We'll get out of it what we put into it. No negative mindsets allowed." Love this kid!

The next few days will be all about finishing up my online classes, cleaning the house before we leave, making sure the few electronics we're taking are charged, and giving Ado lots and lots of extra love. I'm going to miss him terribly. I really wish he could go with us; I know he'd love the weather in Iceland. He knows something is up--he made sure to be right in the thick of things while we were packing this afternoon.

I still need to practice how to say hello, goodbye, and thank you in Icelandic. I'd like to know a couple of words/phrases. So far, goodbye is my favorite, most likely because it's the easiest for me: bless bless. Yep, that one I can remember without any trouble.

Bless bless!

Comments

J said…
<3
I hope it was a fun trip!

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky