New Month, New Family Member

March! So good to see you. You are my favorite month, you know that, right? And you didn't disappoint yesterday with the mostly sunny day, warm enough to get a lovely long walk in, to roll down the Jeep window while I drove to the store. Warm enough I only had to wear a long sleeved shirt. No sweater. No sweatshirt.

You are a month of change, handing the reins that'd belonged to Winter over to Spring (though I hear Winter is having a bit of a fit right now, not wanting to give up the reins, threatening to bring cold and snow again tonight and tomorrow). I don't envy you your job, having to convince Winter it's time to rest. She is quite headstrong and full of energy. And she really does have three more weeks to spread her fun, so you can't be too hard on her just yet. Between you and me, I like your style of sprinkling in a warm day here, a warm day there, just to give Winter notice. Well done, March, well done.

For today, I chose to stay inside and work. Catching up in all of my classes so I can go into spring break and focus on my own writing for a whole, glorious week. I've no plans to travel anywhere, though I've considered running over to see Dad. I haven't seen him since Christmas. It'd be good to sit and chat with him for an afternoon.

I did add a new member to the household today. Meet Uncle Sam. I'm constantly amazed by his beauty.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky