Lazy Summer Day

The summer is moving right along. Already it is midterm, so the suck-the-marrow-out-of-each-day urge is filling me. I try to get up by 5:30 each morning as being up early does make me feel like the days are nice and long. I love the feeling I get when I look at the clock and see 3:00, knowing I've already accomplished many things and still have plenty of day left to accomplish even more.

After lunch today, we watched The Book of Eli. A very interesting movie, one that provokes much thought. We've watched a couple post-apocalyptic films in recent weeks, one being The Road, and of the two, The Book of Eli, in my humble opinion, is the better. I'm a sucker for hope, that humankind will find a way to rebuild, bring beauty back to a dark world. The Road didn't leave me with that feeling at all.

Now I'm trying to decide what book to begin. The choices are between scholarly work that will inform my teaching or a book of short stories. Perhaps a little of both to get the best of each world? Sounds like a plan. And when I finish reading, maybe do a little writing of my own.

This is what summer is all about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why