End of the Semester . . .Finally

Just tidying things up at this point--finishing portfolios, calculating grades, and cleaning off my desk. I'm happy to see this semester end and am ready to begin the summer session, for I have new ideas I want to try out. I also will have more time to work on the sports literature class I want to teach in spring 2011. Best of all, I will be leaving in a week to spend seven glorious days at a writer's retreat, working on my manuscript.

The funk I've been wallowing in is beginning to lift with each day that gets me closer to the writer's retreat. I need to write. The ideas, the words, and the images have been building, filling me to the point of bursting. Meeting with a friend on Fridays the past few weeks has helped channel the energy, but having time to actually put this energy onto the page hasn't happened. Frustration has built.

I know, though, in a week I can pack and set off on my writing adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why