Enjoying Summer One Day at a Time

The last few weeks I've been chillin'. Mostly just hanging around the house with Ado, enjoying being back in the space the kids and I called home when I decided to move out of my husband's place. The space with the living room windows overlooking the back yard and deck. The space where my three kids and I took a year to figure out where each of us was headed. Lovely Beautiful Daughter decided to go out on her own, and for the last nearly four weeks she's been in Taiwan on a teacher training exchange through the university. Funny Delightful Son moved to live on campus at the university he transferred to after finishing his community college courses. I miss them both, and when I moved back into this space, I could hear echos of them throughout the rooms. The first few days were kind of tough with them not being here, too.

But Angel Baby is here with me. He has the entire upstairs all to himself. Three nice-sized rooms, each serving a different purpose. One room is his computer room. Another is his bedroom. The third is his TV watching room. A week or so ago he had his buddies over to play D&D. They set up in the dining area, but eventually, all of them ended up in the living room because one of the young men loved sitting on the couch, looking out the windows to watch the birds at the feeders.

Now, we're settled back in, and it feels wonderful. I'm so glad I was able to move back into this space.

The cycling has picked up despite the weather being all over the board. One day we have 85 degrees. The next it's only 65 degrees. Lots of rain. And the wind has been incredibly annoying. In between these obstacles, I've been able to get out and go anywhere from 20 to 35 miles. I can feel my body getting stronger with each ride, which makes me want to get out even more. Yesterday, I was able to go 34 at 15.3 mph, making me a very happy cyclist. Today, winds of 22 mph kept me home, but I did get a solid yoga practice in, complete with a half headstand and a couple of crow poses. And beautiful tree poses! I worried I would fall out of tree since I've not done tree pose in a while, but I didn't. My body constantly surprises me with what it's capable of doing.

When we moved back over here, I took the opportunity to remove the TV from the living room. Actually from the entire downstairs. I gave it to Angel Baby for his TV watching room, but it's not even plugged in. It's just stashed in the corner, gathering dust. I decided it's time to follow through on my desire to watch less, read more. So I've stopped watching for the most part. If I do watch something on Netflix, I have to do it on my computer. I'm not particularly fond of sitting in front of the computer to watch, so I don't. Instead, I sit in my hammock swing and read. I'm into Game of Thrones right now, about halfway through.

Angel Baby and I are getting our Iceland plans in place. Passports--check. Tickets--check. Gear--some but not all. We're chipping away at the little things, now. We both are very excited for this trip, and maybe just a bit scared, too. We're really going outside our comfort zones, but it'll be totally worth it.

Generally speaking, life is good. Really good. And I am very thankful for all the good.

Comments

Thryn said…
Was "Jonesin'" for a new post just a day or so ago!:) Glad to have this happy, happy update! Delighted, in fact, and can't wait to hear all about Iceland!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky