Down and Out

A nasty cold took hold of me on Sunday and hasn't let go since. I've been going to work until today, when I was on my way but could barely keep my eyes open to drive. I figured it was time to cave and just stay home. The world certainly isn't going to stop because I can't make one day of classes. And I certainly wasn't doing myself any favors by trying to go on like I'm 100%. I tell my students to stay home if they are coughing and sneezing, so I took my own advice and confined myself to bed for the day. I slept until almost 2. When I woke up and saw what time it was, I was stunned. I knew I was feeling completely worn down, and I knew I hadn't been sleeping much at all for the last three nights, but I didn't expect to go back to bed this morning and sleep for six hours straight. It's amazing to me how our bodies try to tell us, but we don't listen most of the time. I'm feeling quite a bit better now, thanks to uninterrupted sleep.

Maybe I'm now on the mend. I sure hope so. I don't like not having the energy to do the things I love to do. I haven't run since Saturday, and now I'm beating myself up for not getting some mileage in. It's going to be a long road back to where I was before getting this bug. At least it looks like I don't have the dreaded H1N1 flu, or just the flu in general, but maybe I should knock on wood just to have a little extra magical protection.

Now, I think I'll go read the book I downloaded onto my kindle the other day. I saw Thirty Days of Night recently and saw that it was originally a graphic novel. I enjoyed the movie very much, and since I'm waiting very impatiently for the next Sookie Stackhouse book, I thought I'd check out the Thirty Days of Night books. The first one, which isn't the book the movie is based on, starts after the end of Thirty Days of Night. So far it's good and I'm enjoying it. I think I've found a series to keep me interested until the new Sookie book comes out in May.

I guess one good thing comes from feeling puny--being able to sit back and enjoy a good read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light