Back in the Game

Ahhhh. It's so nice to be over feeling awful. I so seldom get sick that when I do I feel really horrible. I usually don't get down for too long, though, which is always nice. I've bounced back pretty good from being sick last week. I did take more time off from running than I wanted to, but I figured I'd be better off by taking a few more days than pushing it and not getting better quicker. I got back at it this morning, only two miles, but that's okay. I'll work my way back to where I was.

My favorite season began a couple of days ago. I love fall. The trees changing, the temps falling, the air taking on a musky smell urge me to just sit back and relax. I find I do seem to slow down, pay more attention to what's going on around me. The pumpkins are ready to be set on the front porch. The yellow mums are bright in the gray light of the rainy days. Doesn't get much better than this.

I'm getting things ready for my second charity dinner. My first dinner was last fall, when the priest of our church challenged us to take a hundred dollars and make it multiply, with all the proceeds going to those in need in Appalachia. I took on the challenge and found I love doing this kind of thing. My friends and family joined us for an evening of soup, bread, and wine, and when it was all over, we had raised over $800 to send to Appalachia. This year, since the dinner isn't directly connected to church, we're asking our guests to bring a bag of groceries that we will deliver to Clare House, an organization that helps feed those in need right here in our community. I have a little over a month to get everything in place for the dinner, which I hope is even better than last year's. This go around, a good friend is going to sing for us. She has the most beautiful voice. Another friend is painting a watercolor for me, and we'll raffle this off, with the proceeds going to Clare House. I hope to convince another friend to play his guitar for us, allowing us to enjoy his music. Hopefully the dinner will be as successful as last year's.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I need to get on the invitations. I already sent out the save the date, so everyone invited knows about the dinner. I just need to send out the official invitations. Since I'm making them myself, I need to get on it. I have parts of them finished. Today would be a good day to complete them all the way around. I could then get them in the mail by Monday.

Sounds like a plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky