Christmas Came Early

I arrived home from work yesterday and after getting the boys leashed up, decided to go out the front door rather than the back. When I opened the screen door to go down the steps, I noticed a very large box sitting off to the side. Ado immediately went after it. He has this thing about boxes left on the steps. With his teeth sunk into a corner at the bottom, I read the side of the box. It was a Secret Lab gaming chair. I just figured Angel Baby had ordered one for himself and didn't think anything more about it.

After returning from our walk, I jumped online and found a DM from Funny Delightful Son, asking if a large package had arrived. I replied yes and that was the end of the conversation. Again, I just figured Angel Baby had talked to his brother about getting the chair since FDS has one himself. 

When Angel Baby arrived home from work, I told him his chair had arrived and was on the front porch. I commented about how heavy the box was and how tough it was to get from the steps onto the porch itself. Angel Baby sort of laughed and said, "It's not my chair." I must have had a puzzled look on my face. Angel Baby then informed me the chair belonged to me because he and his siblings no longer wanted me to use the chair I had. The Secret Lab chair is an early Christmas present.

My kiddoes! They are awesome. 


The old chair I've been
sitting in for almost 5 years.
Back in September, when I visited FDS for the weekend, I had commented on how wonderful his Secret Lab chair was and I might get one for myself. I did look at them but didn't pursue buying one as I am one who takes a long time to make a firm decision and actually pull the trigger. Apparently, FDS remembered my enthusiasm for his chair. He got in touch with his siblings and they all chipped in to get this for me. 

Seriously, I love this chair. It is so comfortable. I've been it it for hours today, reading and grading papers. I don't feel the need to get up and relieve my bum from its prison of sitting on a wooden slab. The cushion for my lower back, and the pillow behind my head give me so much support. Where I had reached the point of not really enjoying being at my computer for any length of time, I now realize just how much this was a result of the chair I had been using. That chair fits the desk nicely but it isn't conducive to sitting for any length of time. My new chair, though? This could get dangerous!


My new Secret Lab chair!
Murphy is admiring it, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky