Loss

My bees are dead. What I have feared since last fall happened.

I don't even know where to start. And, really, I can barely see the monitor because of the tears that keep blurring my eyes. I know they're "just" bees to a lot of people, but to me, they are creatures that play a very important role in the cycle of life.

I was supposed to help them. I was a "beekeeper," but I feel like I totally failed them.

My heart is broken right now.
One group of the mass of bees I found dead in the hive. 









Comments

Cathy said…
So sorry to hear this! It is definitely a loss.

But try not to beat yourself up too much--it was a really hard winter, and even veteran beekeepers worry over keeping their bees alive in the winter.

You did your best. And I bet you'll do even better next time.
JK said…
I just keep thinking back to January, when we had a couple of warmer days and I fed the bees. They looked good and had what looked like plenty of honey stores. I really thought since they looked good then they were going to make it. The shock at seeing all of them dead today hit hard.

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky