An Ending Approaching

I'm already feeling anxiety of summer coming to an end and having to return to work in two weeks. I guess this means I've had a wonderful summer. I don't want my days with nothing scheduled as "Have to Do" to end. Putzing around in my gardens, making cucumber relish, playing with my new welder, saying, "Nahhh, I don't want to do the laundry right now" and instead settling into my hammock to read have become the way of life for me the last two months. Letting go of this is going to be incredibly difficult. My heart is already weeping over the realization of an ending approaching.

On a happier note, I fashioned my first welded sculpture. The weld isn't spectacular, but it is solid. Overall, I'm very happy with the finished product. When I let up on the welding torch trigger and realized the flowers were actually going to stay in place, I wanted to pump my fist in the air and do a happy dance. Instead, I filled out an Artist Application to have it appear in an art show featuring bicycle artwork. I figured why not? We'll see how that turns out. It'd be kinda cool to see a piece I created on display. 

One book I'm reading at present is The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber. At nearly 900 pages, this is a hefty read, but I'm finding it is a fast read. I came to this book after watching the mini series based on it (up late one night because I couldn't sleep). I thoroughly enjoyed the four episodes and thus decided to read the book to see what the differences are between it and the series. Just a few pages into the book, I wondered why I'd never heard of it before. The use of language, the detail--this is a book that makes me want to turn the pages. Even though I already know the characters, what happens to them, the book is giving far more detail that help me know them in a different way, a better, more complete way.

With only two weeks of "freedom" remaining, I hope to complete another sculpture that has taken shape in my head and is demanding to become reality, and I hope to finish Crimson Petal as well as two other books I'm currently into. Staying busy with creating as well as learning might help keep the tears at bay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky