What Life Brings Us

Since Sunday I've been in a new place, alone. I have a room to myself in an old southern house that the owner has opened up to those who wish to spend all their time writing. Across the hall is another woman, a poet. We just spent the last two hours fixing dinner, eating dinner, and talking. She's a beautiful person, and I feel blessed that she has become a part of my life. For a couple of months now I looked forward to being here. Today, being here in an old house that has sheltered many writers before me and is now sheltering two fledgeling writers, I know this is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

The past three days have been filled with writing. New Friend and I found out only a year separates our ages, though to be honest, she looks so young. I thought she was at most 30 years old. I think her yoga practice and her meditation have served her well. I am most definitely going to look into beginning both when I return home. I have learned so much from her in only three days and am very thankful to have met her.

I have come to believe that the moments in our lives happen for a reason. The reason is that we take notice, that we reflect upon them, that we learn from them. We then can move forward and embrace the next moments of our lives. I have also come to believe that I don't have to always be striving for something. It's okay to just be and let life unfold as it is supposed to do. That's kind of what's happening this week for me. Life is unfolding and I'm just sitting back, watching it do so. What life has brought me this week has touched me beyond words. I will keep this week with me for a long time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky